Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A smile







It was small and it was fleeting, but I got a smile today. I was gently tickling her forearms up to her shoulders, and she briefly, sweetly smiled. J saw it too.






Each day she is more and more comfortable with us. I can see it in the photos, her body is more relaxed, she will sit up rather than pressing her body and face against mine. She still wants to be held constantly, but it’s less desperately clingy and she is much more interactive with what is going on around her.

Thursday we meet with the Ministry. If all goes well, after that meeting Shanti will be our daughter under Nepali law and we will be able to take custody of her. I’m so nervous.




We are all so excited for you to be part of our family Shanti. Your brothers can't wait to meet you.

1 comment:

Amy said...

My thoughts are with you all as you meet with the Ministry.